Uploading your VRM
Note : It has been found that using a '#' in your VRM filename may not work. Be sure to use simple characters in filenames to reduce any issues.
Uploading your VRM Asset to Web3 Storage
Go to Manage Files
- Add files to your folder using either of the links to do so. Note the information under the panel.
Add files to the folder.
- Grab the VRM link to use in Mona by clicking on the IPFS link, and then right click on the file to use the 'Copy link' to the VRM.
Copy the VRM Link for use in Mona
Uploading your VRM Asset to Github
Once you have acquired or made your VRM asset you can do the following :
- Sign up to Github, if you haven't already : https://www.github.com
- Sign up on the main page with your username, email, and password.
- Prove you are a human (bot check)
- Go through a survey
- Verify your account with your email address.
- Once logged in, click on the Create Repository at the top left to create a place for your VRM files
Create your Repository
- Input the information as you see fit including name, description (optional), and license. Make sure to make it a public repository. If this is not set, your VRM will not work. It is possible to set a repository to public after you have created the folder in the 'Danger Zone' section in the Repository settings at the bottom.
Setup your Repository
- Select the 'Add File' button at the top, then 'Upload Files'.
Add your VRM file
- Upload your files by drag/dropping or selecting your file/s.
- Once uploaded, select Commit Changes at the bottom
Upload your VRMs to the Repository
- You will need to change the URL of your VRM to what Mona can use. The following example is what you will need :
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/GithubUserName/RepoName/branch(main or master)/file.vrmSo in my case, the VRM link would be :
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/discmage/VRMs/main/Human_1.vrmTo find if your link requires main or master you can click on the file and see what the top right of the asset has defined. This is both visible on the Repository and the file.
Find if your link requires 'main' or 'master'
- Once you have your address you can use that in the VRM Importer using the '6' hotkey in a Mona Space.