Uploading your Images
Uploading images to use on Canvases within Mona...
There are a couple of things to note when creating images to link in your spaces using the Canvases.
- Mona will downsize images if they are too large in order to improve the overall experience. If the image needs to be downsized, it will add time to the initial load of the space. Recommended sizes include :
- 16:9 (Widescreen) - 1920 x 1080
- 4:3 (Standard TV) - 1680 x 1260
- 1:1 (Square) - 1440 x 1440
- 3:2 (Classic 35mm film) - 1620 x 1080
- 21:9 (Ultrawide) - 2048 x 972 (slightly under the limit)
Depending on the service, you may need to tweak the URL to ensure it's public for use on the Mona platform. Each host is described below.
Go to Manage Files
- Add files to your folder using either of the links to do so. Note the information under the panel.
Add files to the folder.
- Grab the image to use in Mona by clicking on the IPFS link, and then right-click on the file to use the 'Copy link' to the image.
Copy the VRM Link for use in Mona
- Sign up to GitHub, if you haven't already: https://www.github.com
- Sign up on the main page with your username, email, and password.
- Prove you are a human (bot check)
- Go through a survey
- Verify your account with your email address.
- Once logged in, click on the Create Repository at the top left to create a place for your VRM files
Create your Repository
- Input the information as you see fit including name, description (optional), and license. Make sure to make it a public repository. If this is not set, your images will not work. It is possible to set a repository to public after you have created the folder in the 'Danger Zone' section in the Repository settings at the bottom.
Setup your Repository
- Select the 'Add File' button at the top, then 'Upload Files'.
Add your VRM file
- Upload your files by drag/dropping or selecting your file/s.
Certain naming conventions are not supported on GitHub files in Mona. It is best to use standard characters only, such as letters and numbers, to reduce issues. Special characters and spaces have been known to make files not work.
- Once uploaded, select Commit Changes at the bottom
Upload your VRMs to the Repository
The default GitHub permalink will not work within Mona.
https://github.com/discmage/Images/blob/d294cce74a3ef7102e43580d27c1f9595428a4f4/CoolPicture.png is an example link that will not work.
- A manual approach is converting your GitHub link to the following example:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/GithubUserName/RepoName/branch(main or master)/file.pngIn this case, the image link would be :
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/discmage/Images/main/CoolPicture.pngTo find if your link requires main or master, click on the file and see what the top right of the asset has defined. This is both visible on the Repository and the file.
Find if your link requires 'main' or 'master'
- Once you have your address, you can use that in the Canvas link setup in your wallet.
- Make a 'New post', and upload your images.
- With your image uploaded, right click on it and select 'Copy Image link'.
- You do not need to make the post public, but you do need to make sure your link has the .jpg, .png etc. at the end of it, otherwise Mona will not allow the URL.