Comment on page
Setting up a wallet
A complete guide to getting ETH or MATIC and a wallet with MetaMask
If you’ve built a space or want to purchase a space on Mona, you’ll need to set up a wallet. Setting up a Crypto wallet is easy and relatively quick.
First, let’s look at some key terms:
- Crypto wallets are digital wallets that hold your Cryptocurrency and digital assets such as NFTs. We recommend using a MetaMask wallet, which we’ll explain how to set up below.
- MetaMask is a digital wallet that allows you to store cryptocurrency and NFTs. Metamask is connected to your web browser as an extension.
- ETH is the main token used for transactions on the Ethereum network. This token is more popular than MATIC but the gas fees are more expensive.
- MATIC is the Polygon blockchain network token that provides faster and cheaper transactions than Ethereum.
- Delegate Cash allows your cold, or hardware-based, wallet to stay secure while allowing for NFT airdrops, token governance, and more by connecting your hot and cold wallets. This means you can use your hot wallet to view items in your cold wallet, like Avatars or spaces purchased on Mona previously. For more information on how to use Delegate Cash, see here.
Pay very close attention to your Secret Recovery Phrase or “Seed Phrase”. We recommend writing this down somewhere offline and storing copies in a few safe locations. Your seed phrase must be written down in the correct order. If you lose this, you will lose access to your wallet, which will be unrecoverable.
- 2.Choosing a platform:
- From here, you’ll be guided through the steps of connecting your wallet and paying with a credit card, and after a few minutes, your ETH or MATIC will show up in your MetaMask wallet.
- If you use a debit card, you can access your funds immediately. Connecting to a bank may take up to 15 days for your ETH or MATIC to arrive.
- 3.Connect your wallet to Mona.
- 1.For this step, simply head to Monaverse.com and click “Sign In” in the top right corner. You’ll see three options from here: MetaMask, WalletConnect, and Delegate Cash. Each of these are described above.
Connecting a wallet
- 2.Simply choose your desired option and connect.