Add a Custom Skybox
This section will go over changing the default Unity Skybox to an HDRI image.
A ‘Skybox’ is a flat 2D image that is applied around your Space.
The result simulates the experience of being in a much larger environment. Depending on your skybox texture, it can affect the space with relatively accurate ambient lighting.
- 2.Save it into your assets folder in your unity build
- 3.Click on that file in unity, and change the Texture Shape > Cube (in the inspector) and hit apply
- 4.Create a new material.
- 5.Set the Shader (at the top of the inspector) to Skybox/Cubemap
- 6.Drag your EXR file onto the Cubemap (HDR) slot in the material
- 7.Drag your material onto the background of the scene and it should update with your skybox!
- 8.If you want the lighting but want to turn off the material in the scene, you can turn it off at the top left viewport option pulldown.
Tip: If using the Skybox>Panoramic, be sure to uncheck "generate mipmaps" on your image texture settings.